T.J. Boyle have been retained as part of a team to create a campus masterplan and housing development for Cambrian. The project is currently in the early stages of program development.
The name Cambrian Rise pays homage to the geological feature that spans along the East coast of Lake Champlain known as the Cambrian Thrust. It features the lower rock from the Cambrian time period that has been thrusted up on top of newer rock. The re-emergence of the old is a metaphor for the adaptive reuse of the historic orphanage building. The Cambrian time period is associated with a time when simple cell organisms evolved into more diverse and complex life forms, known as the Cambrian explosion. The Cambrian Rise neighborhood reflects this diverse and flourishing history.
The mixed use master plan incorporates:
- 600+ Residential Units, include 75 Affordable and 75 Senior Units
- Office and Commercial Space
- Fitness Center with Outdoor Pool
- Dog Parks and Playgrounds
- Greenhouse and Community Gardens
- New Transportation Hub
- Public Open Space and Community Access Path - 12 acres